Saturday 2 January 2010

Christmas With Suzy Mandel

I was lucky enough to spend Christmas 2009 in the USA with the great British sex comedy legend Suzy Mandel. We’ve actually known each other for a couple of years, and become great friends, but this is the first time we’ve met. What can I say about Suzy, she is simply a divine woman, who greeted me at the airport with flowers, signed one of the pictures I brought her to autograph “from Auntie Suzy”, and we’ve become so close I do genuinely think of her as a family member, and our friendship means so, so much to me. I have some memories of Christmas 2009 that will stay with me forever, including having Christmas dinner with Suzy at the Royal Palms Hotel, the inspirational words she said to me over New Years Lunch, the whole day we spent together going through her incredible collection of clippings, photographs and photo shoot negatives (some of which have never seen the light of day before, and which we hope to put to commercial use at some point in the future.) Not to mention her many tales from the British Sex Film era, and her life in Hollywood in the 1980s, which kept me amazed all over Christmas.

Personal message to Suzy: your friendship continues to enrich my life and makes me feel so special. You can be my Auntie Suzy anytime, Sweetie!!! Lets aim to try and go on vacation again in 2010, say Hello (rather than ‘Hi’) to Kimo for me, and take care,
Big Hugs from Gavin (“adopted nephew and part time teaboy”).
XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX










No comments: